We really love to have salads but salad can get boring quickly too. So we like to change it up often and add in whatever we happen to have in our fridge. This one was a big hit!
Ingredients: head of or prepackaged package of kale, 4-5 brussel sprouts, mushrooms, crumbled feta cheese, sliced almonds and sunflower seeds. We used Garlic Expressions dressing on this one but our absolute favorite from the store is San Pasqual.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 0!
- Chop the kale super finely. Kale is heavy and hearty so we like to make it pretty tiny. We like to add the dressing here and really get the kale to soften a bit.
- Shred the brussels. We have used a normal mini food processor but it’s kind of a pain so we prefer to be fast and just use our cheese grater. It works great too!
- Slice the mushrooms. 2 of the 3 of us love mushrooms but 1 does not so we go somewhat light on these.
- Sprinkle with lots of feta crumbles. Goat cheese also works well.
- Add sliced almonds and handful of sunflower seeds for crunch.
- Optional step but we have found most salads taste better with a little sprinkle of salt and pepper at the end too. And voila!