ATX Cocina is a new, more upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Austin. It is a beautiful spot with REALLY good food. Read on for more.
- Our favorite restaurant guacamole EVER!
- The tomahawk pibil was quite a sight but p.s., if you’re lucky enough to be there when they have the duck special, it is A MUST!!!
- The white mole on the chicken “was the best sauce I have ever had. I could eat it with a spoon” -Campbell
- Yummy tostadas with crab and tuna.
- The queso fundido and shrimp carbon were equally amazing!
- If we had to come up with a lowlight it is the price. We would have to save up our allowance for quite awhile!
Good for kids (three of us so always out of three):
- Campbell, 11 yrs old: 3 out of 3!! “Incredible food!”
- Keller, 9 yrs old: 2.5 out of 3. “Really good but a little fancy too and might be too much sometimes.”
- Rider, 7 yrs old: 2.5 out of 3. “Same as Keller.” 🙂