We started going to El Chile when we were super little and they still had locations up in the Far West area and where the now Alcomar is on South 1st. Campbell’s memory: “When the Far West one closed I actually cried when we went to the restaurant that replaced it. The new owner noticed how upset I was and took us to the back because they had some of the old artwork from the walls and he gave me one of the paintings. I kept it for a few years and we all joked I really loved El Chile!” But we love the Manor spot too. El Chile is also one of our grandparents favorite places too so it’s a must stop when they come to visit us from Florida.
- Our absolute favorite queso in town. It’s the queso flameado and adding chorizo is a must.
- The salsas are different but amazing. Rider, 7 yrs old. “Their salsas have the best flavor and we love flavor!”
- Their roasted pork in any of their dishes but the mole enchiladas and the chile relleno with pork are pretty special.
- And for all the grown ups our parents want to add that El Chile also has their favorite frozen margaritas. Haha.
- If we are getting really picky we wish their crispy potatoes were actually crispier or cut a little smaller.
- We are just sad they took the conchinita pibil off the menu!
Good for Kids (three of us so always out of three):
- Campbell, 11 yrs old: 3 out of 3.
- Keller, 9 yrs old: 3 out of 3.
- Rider, 7 yrs old: 3 out of 3.
As you can tell we can’t recommend El Chile enough! Happy eating!