We are The Foodie Kids. But most people want to know how on earth we became The Foodie Kids. It all started with Campbell, now 11 years old. Campbell was born a foodie. She refused baby food and was begging for adult table food by the age of 7 months. She was feasting on sushi, salmon, anchovies and so on soon after. On her 4th birthday she asked to go to the restaurant where she “could eat as many animals as possible.” She surprised the waiters at local Austin institution “Hudson’s on the Bend,” when she managed to eat eight varieties in that one special evening.
As her 10th birthday approached her parents wanted to think of a fun and unique gift. They knew she was starting to enter the social media world but they also wanted to help guide her into it as kindly and gently as possible. So they thought on Campbell’s two biggest interests: food & writing. What better way to teach her about the ins and outs of social media and improve her writing skills than start up a food driven family Instagram and blog? So here we are. And Keller (9 yrs old) and Rider (7 yrs old) have happily followed their fearless foodie leader and joined in too. On really great days, even Poppy, our 1 yr old English Bulldog begs to get in on the action as well. In essence, we love food and we love sharing our finds and our own homemade favorites with others. So follow along!
- What are your favorite foods? Campbell: sushi Keller: black olive and mushroom pizza, Rider: bacon. All: chips & queso
- Do you really like salads and vegetables? Yes. Campbell more than the other two but everyone likes their greens. They have always been part of our meals so we don’t know differently.
- Do you really cook? Yes but our parents still help us A LOT. And they also post for us sometimes too. We are all starting to get more comfortable but our parents really want to guide us into social media slowly.
- What’s the craziest thing you have ever eaten? Campbell: tako (baby octopus) pops at Uchi and rattlesnake, Keller: chicken liver pate and rabbit, Rider: sea urchin and octopus
- Where would you love to eat someday? Campbell: Pizza and gelato in Italy, Keller: cheese and bread in Paris, Rider: Tacos in Mexico.
- Anything you really don’t like to eat? Campbell: PB & J (seriously), Keller: salmon, Rider: mushrooms